- Here is the news release from Canada Post:
- Over 6000 jobs could be eliminated.
- — CBC News Alerts (@CBCAlerts)Wed, Dec 11 2013 15:08:52
- — Fazeena Haniff (@FazeenaHaniff)Wed, Dec 11 2013 16:19:51
- — Jenn Howell (@jenncaseyhfx)Wed, Dec 11 2013 15:20:50Also seeing the word "Attrition" alot in regards to the job cuts. You don't cut 8000 people through attrition. #canadapost
- The one third of Canadian households that receive their mail at their door will be converted to community mailbox delivery.
- — Ben Brisebois (@BenBrisebois)Wed, Dec 11 2013 19:09:37My question personally, is how much will it cost to build at least 100,000 community mailboxes in places that never had them before?
- People are concerned on the impact these changes will have on seniors and disabled customers.
- — Yael W Richter (@DANYAELforever)Wed, Dec 11 2013 19:08:31@canadapostcorp how do you expect seniors and people with disabilities to go outside to community mailboxes to get mail.Especially in winter
- — Matthew Burke (@CaffeinatedMatt)Wed, Dec 11 2013 18:26:40I think #CanadaPost should still offer some limited door to door delivery for seniors & the disabled. It would be fairly easy to set up.
- — JustMisch (@JustMisch)Wed, Dec 11 2013 19:28:41
- — Gail Dyer (@GailDyer10)Wed, Dec 11 2013 17:59:26Not easy for seniors, disabled to get to super mailboxes in winter. Area not kept clear which is postal responsibility. #CanadaPost
- Some welcome the changes.
- — Scott Pelton (@spelton)Wed, Dec 11 2013 19:02:32Am surprised at how happy this makes me Canada Post to phase out urban home mail delivery http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/canada-post-to-phase-out-urban-home-mail-delivery-1.2459618 …
Canada reacts to changes at Canada Post
Canada Post announced Wednesday that it will be phasing out door to door delivery in urban areas over the next five years.
bySuzanne Coolen118 Views