- Today we're introducing the new Storify bookmarklet, which makes it possible to collect elements from any major social network. You can now also add social media elements directly into a Storify story, or save media for later in your Storypad.
Social media posts and much more
- Many users have asked to add items from their favorite social networks to their stories. While the bookmarklet now works for all status updates, comments, and other media on social media sites.
- The new bookmarklet is incredibly handy for people who have been asking for access to places like Pinterest, Reddit and many other sites for their Storify stories.
How do you use it? Watch the video
Add to a story, create a story, and comment
- If you want your story updated immediately, you can now use the bookmarklet to add media directly into a published story without having to go back to Storify's editing dashboard. Select which story to add media to from the pull-down list at the top of the bookmarklet dialog box, which also lets you search through your stories. If you want to create a new story, start typing a new story title and you'll be able to create it there from the bookmarklet. If you want to save media for later, as the bookmarklet previously worked, you can still always add the item to your StoryPad.
Where to find and install the new bookmarklet
- There are a couple places to find the new Storify bookmarklet:1. On the editor under the Storify tab > Bookmarklet.2. On the Tools page, which you can access from the bottom of any page on Storify, via the hyper link in this sentence or via the page link below.
How do I use the bookmarklet once it's installed?
- When you're browsing any major social network, look at your bookmarks bar (or, if you hide your bookmarks bar, go to the bookmarks area in your browser). Click the "Storify this" option that's now available to activate it on the page.
- You'll now see a "Storify" link next to elements like pictures, status updates, or comments when you hover your mouse over them.
It's even easier with our Chrome ExtensionIf you're a Chrome user, the extension makes all this even easier by enabling the Storify links on many websites or social networks automatically. On pages where the Storify link isn't visible, you can right-click a text selection or piece of media on the page to see the "Storify" option for it. Install our Chrome extension here:
- Enjoy, and let us know if you have any questions. We're always available via support[at]storify[dot]com