- We're thrilled to announce that Storify is now in public beta -- meaning anyone can create an account to tell stories with social media.
- Stories by Storify users so far have inspired, enlightened and entertained audiences around the world. All of us on the Storify team deeply appreciate our private beta users for their time and creativity in telling stories, and for their feedback and suggestions. We also appreciate their patience for sticking by us as we grew so quickly.
Storify stories have been viewed more than 13 million times on our site and across the Web since our private beta launched at the end of September 2010. We had 4.2 million views just in March, our biggest month yet.
- The single day with the most views ever, more than half a million, also came in March when the tragic earthquake and tsunami struck Japan.
- Our private beta users have created more than 21,000 stories. Storify stories have been embedded on more than 5,000 sites -- including some of the most-read destinations on the Web like The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, The Guardian, BBC, NPR, PBS, CBC and many other blogs and sites.
- Storify is powering an entire show on Al Jazeera that revolves around social media. We're also working with major brands and PR and creative agencies.
- We're truly honored by the hunger that we have seen for invites to the Storify private beta. It's also been exciting to see people use our brand name as a verb, asking someone to "Storify" an event or social media conversation.
Storify is opening our beta today so many more people have the chance to tell stories in this new form, and join the future of storytelling online. This is still very much the beginning of our journey. Here at Storify, we have a lot more work ahead of us to realize our vision of a publishing platform built for the social Web.
Thank you again for joining us and telling your amazing stories.
The Storify team
- (And for some added background about Storify, please see this interview by Robert Scoble with co-founders Burt Herman and Xavier Damman:)