- Storify stories represent the very best of social media. Now you can share all parts of our stories in new ways.See something you like in a story? Just click to share that item to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ or LinkedIn. Want to comment on the item and share your thoughts on Twitter or Facebook? You can do that, too. And you can quote any part of a story and share it as a photo so the words you like really stand out. (Below)
- Storify co-founder Burt Herman unveiled Storify's new user-friendly sharing and commenting at the Mashable Connect conference in Orlando. "We want to enable people to share and comment on what they love most from any story," Herman said beforehand. This is the first step to making it easier for anyone to amplify the voices that matter."
Mashable wrote about the new functionality here:
Here's how it works:
1. See something you like in a story and share itYou still see buttons at the top of our stories allowing you to interact with the stories. But now you also see a set of buttons above each element. Click the share option and share that element to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn or email.
2. Want to comment?You can also click the voice bubble above the element.
3. Share your comment and the item on Facebook or TwitterYou can comment within the Storify story, telling other readers of the story that you like the element. And you can also share your comment and the item with your friends on Twitter and Facebook.
- You can also click our new Like button on any element. Try it, you might get a kick out of what happens. See for yourself in this animated GIF:
- Want to see what it looks like in action? See 10,000 Words blogger Elana Zak's story here:
- Storify has always been a great way to curate content and tell stories. This is a new direction to open up those stories to everyone, allowing readers to share and take part in new ways. The elements within Storify stories have been selected by experts. You can let them do the work for you, and share their work. Because you can share within the context of the story, your friends will see the experts' stories, too.Thoughts? Let us know an info at storify dot com, or connect with us on Twitter. We can't wait to see how you share the very best social elements on the web.