- — Shanley (@shanley)Thu, Nov 13 2014 00:56:21I wish the EFF understood that to really fight censorship you need to stand unequivocally with marginalized populations and center them.
- — Shanley (@shanley)Thu, Nov 13 2014 18:26:24and you literally see major well-funded organizations line up behind that definition and prioritize that definition over history & reality.
- — Shanley (@shanley)Thu, Nov 13 2014 18:32:26Also they act like the development of filtering technology is like some fucking innovation that IF COMPLETED WILL LEAD TO HELL & CHAOS
- — Shanley (@shanley)Thu, Nov 13 2014 18:36:01But yeah this argument: "first they'll come for the abusive terrorist trolls and down the road they'll use it on YOU" is manipulative .
- — Shanley (@shanley)Thu, Nov 13 2014 18:37:37It's trying to get you to prioritize the whims of abusive terrorist trolls in technology development, as if they are a protected class.
- — Shanley (@shanley)Thu, Nov 13 2014 18:40:14The difference is what is CENTERED. @EFF continues to center/prioritize protection of abusive speech NOT experiences of marginalized groups.
- — Shanley (@shanley)Fri, Nov 14 2014 17:33:55The threat is *not* that someday a white man won't be able to trivially create an account for the singular purpose of terrorizing someone.
@shanley on who gets protected in white male free speech-land AKA Twitter
Monday, 17 November.
bySarah Stokely59 Views