- Publisher Description:
Dive into this book and bring color to the wonderful, magical, undersea world of the Little Mermaid and her sisters. This beautiful book, based on the original story by Hans Christian Andersen, follows the touching tale of the Little Mermaid who falls in love with a young land-loving prince. Full of wonderful pictures and patterns, budding artists can bring life to the Little Mermaid's underwater world in this heart-breaking and romantic story.
The Little Mermaid: A Coloring BookAuthor: Hans Christian Andersen; Illustrator: Edmund Dulac
ISBN 13: 978-1-62686-886-1
Format: Trade Paper
Pages: 96 pp.
Trim: 8.75 x 11.25
Art: b/w illustrations
Category: Arts & Crafts - Fairy Tales & Folklore
Age Range: 5 and up
- This book is as it is described, A Coloring Book, interspersed with short quotes from the story of The Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen.
- I was curious, and found the full story of The Mermaid online. Along with the online story were original images by Edmund Dulac.
- These outlines are very detailed, allowing for many hours of relaxation or tension, depending on how you feel about coloring little spaces. ;-)
- At the start, the book does not lie flat, so parts of the images are folded under.
- As you work your way towards the center, the coloring book then lies flat.
- Here's a close up view of the castle and kingdom. There aren't any words on many of the pages, which is great if you are reading to a two year old with a short attention span. You could also make up any story you want, or ask the child to make up a story.
- I attempted to color in this flower and it required detailed concentration.
- This coloring book would be great for someone who enjoys details. It is a coloring book that could last for years, or generations.
- Buy On Amazon. (Affiliate Link)