- I just got an Epson Perfection V850 Pro Photo Scanner in for evaluation. It's exciting because I have not seen these photos in a long time. The negative film slides into a holder that accepts three strips at a time. The V850 also has a second holder so you can fill it up while scanning the first batch.
- These are the settings I used:
- B&W Negative Film
Image Type: Greyscale
Reolution: 96/300/2400 dpi
Target size: Original
DIGITAL ICE Technology
- Here's the contact sheet of the photos.
- First scan at 96 dpi was a little rough.
- I boosted it to 300 dpi and it got better.
- 2400 was best. It makes a larger file and takes longer too.
- Here are a few more at 2400 dpi.