- It's the day after Christmas, and I feel like I'm still opening up presents. I just took some old slides out of some KODAK Ektachrome slide boxes and scanned them with the Epson Perfection V850 Photo Scanner.
- On my first scan, I did not select any added features so the slides would scan in quickly, but once scanned, I saw that they had a lot of dust on them and didn't look that great.
- Here's the first scans of a couple of slides from what became known at The Great Lynn Fire of 1981.
- It was a huge fire that consumed many blocks of the downtown business district.
- I didn't like hte quality of the scans, so I turned on EPSON Scan Color Restoration and DIGITAL ICE Technology in the EPSON scanner software and rescanned the images.
- It took a little bit longer, but it was worth it.