- When I walked into the Hynes Convention Center in Boston for #inbound12, the first people I saw were Laura Fitton and Rebecca Corliss from HubSpot. Laura walked up to me and handed me my badge. Laura and Rebecca are good friends, so we grabbed a pic!
- As an invited blogger, I was able to get situated in the blogger's lounge and open up my swag bag. Warby Parker glasses not included. The cool thing about this photo, is that when I took a picture of everything that was in that Schwag bag I also included a picture of my Warby Parker glasses because I love them so much. As the week progressed, many of the speakers, and the stories they told, related back to it how great my experience was with Warby Parker.
Here's the story: Social Media has changed marketing. My Warby Parker Experience.
- As I walked down the hall of the Hynes convention Center I noticed that I could see the commuters driving into town. So I snapped this photo and shared it via social media. Thinking about this shot, and the next one, photos are content, and the last speaker that I saw the conference, my friend Ann Handley, talked about this in her session. Always be thinking about content.
- Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah kicked off the conference in HubSpot jumpsuits, after having just 'emerged from a helicopter that landed on the roof.' The video that open the conference was amazing, great job on that.
- The 1st keynote speaker was my friend David Merrman Scott talked about the New Rules of Marketing and PR, the Grateful Dead, and news jacking. I was excited to see him incorporate video that I shot with him and Amanda Palmer.
- Here I am with my editor from Wiley, Shannon Vargo, and Ann Handley.
- The Wiley booth did amazing business on day one, and my book, Get Seen, sold out.
- I had a great lunch with CC Chapman and love being able to get some quality time to sit down with him whenever I can. I also got to meet former Celtic Cedric Maxwell at the pretty awesome cocktail party at the end of the day.
- Warning: Do not do this!