- First thing you do is download and install the Broadcaster App.
Note: After installing the App, it changed my desktop wallpaper. I've reported this bug. ;-)
- At this point I visited the Logitech Broadcaster Support Website for help.
I'm now looking at the 'Broadcaster Wi-Fi Webcam not found during setup' page.
I've got to check the following:
If your iPhone, iPad or Mac doesn't find your camera during setup, make sure:
The camera is connected to the Wi-Fi network -- you should hear several beeps when the camera connects. The Wi-Fi LED indicators will stop blinking sequentially and show the camera's Wi-Fi signal strength.
Your Wi-Fi router is using the latest available firmware.
The "Enable Multicast Streams" option is checked if you own a D-Link router (found in Advance Network settings).
Your camera and Apple device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
You've entered the correct Wi-Fi network. If your network is hidden or not visible to others, make sure you've checked this option on the screen, and that you've provided the correct security type (WEP, WPA) and the correct password.
The network doesn't have any additional security settings, such as MAC filtering. If you're using MAC filtering, you'll need to specify the Logitech Broadcaster MAC address as well.
NOTE: To find the Broadcaster MAC address, plug the camera into your computer. It will appear as a flash drive called "Broadcaster" — look for a file called MAC.TXT on the drive.
You're connected to a supported network. Non-supported networks are: 802.11 a/b, Enterprise networks (SPA/WPA2 enterprise), and Wi-Fi hotpots that require web authentication.
The camera is within 50 feet (15 meters) of your Wi-Fi router.
- Stay tuned.
I switched WiFi networks, then had to make sure WiFi was on, on my Mac.
This tip was key: Your camera and Apple device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click FINISH and this screen comes up:
- Click Broadcast to Ustream.
- WiFi camera is already in use by another application.
Please quit the other application and try again.
Um, which application?
- I quit everything but Logitech Broadcaster and the Finder, the app still says there's a conflict.
- Opened Skitch after to take a nice screenshot.
- Finally QUIT Logitech Broadcaster itself and restarted. That was it. #ironic
- Log in to Ustream: