- Lots of times I get emails asking me to write about new products. Sometimes they are intriguing, like this one:
"I’m writing to you from Edge of Belgravia. We are one of the worlds most innovative chef knife brands.
Our two latest, and super edgy products include the Precision Knife Range, and the Black Diamond knife Block.The futuristic concept of this unique floating knife block is reminiscent of the angles of a rough-cut diamond, yet has the style and beauty of contemporary art. Tightly packed, it can fit up to 11 knives, but will appear complete with just two. Edge of Belgravia’s Precision chef knife series, with its daring and diamond-inspired shape acts as a great addition to the Black Diamond knife block, and will leave your kitchen a cut above the rest!"
- I replied, asking them to send the knives and knife block over for review. They arrived today.
- These knives are worthy of a photo shoot. They are very 'sharp' looking, as is the knife block.
- Here's the description from the Edge of Belgravia website:
PRECISION CHEF KNIFE SERIES
COATED STAINLESS STEEL
Precision manifests the combination of bold design and the superb cutting capability of the stainless steel blade. It represents just as much an effective cooking tool as a piece of art. We believe this is the key to inspired cooking.
Precision is the unique creation of contemporary London designer Christian Bird. Christian is thrilled by perfection. His design fuses the perfection of the diamond-like facet shape handle with a unique and carefully thought out blade design.
These knives were designed for precision in cooking.
Our most affordable range
Unique design by Christian Bird
Coated stainless steel; Non-stick blade coating
Easy to sharpen
- The knives pictured blow are in order, Bread, Chef’s, Deba and Paring knife.
- Now for the cutting tests.
- The first two things that I was impressed with were the comfortable feel of the handle and the lightness of weight of the knofe. This first knive tested is the Chef's knife.
- To consider this as a replacement for my current Chef's knife, I'll have to use it more in day to day cooking. First impressions are good.
- Next up was the Deba knife. It's a 5" version of hte Chef's knife.
- This knife also worked well at cutting, although it did get stuck a few times as I cut the zucchini.
- Next up was the paring knife. It has the same super comfortable handle as the others and a light feel.