- If you enlarge the image of my Instagram photos, above, you'll see numbers beside the little hearts. That's the number of likes each photo has gotten.
With Instagram, you can watch moments of people's lives. That's ambient intimacy.If you've got Instagram on a smartphone, you can watch the likes happen in real time, and see who liked your photo. If people comment, you can immediately see the comments and comment back. That takes it to a whole new level.
As Leisa Reichlt explains:
"Ambient intimacy is about being able to keep in touch with people with a level of regularity and intimacy that you wouldn’t usually have access to, because time and space conspire to make it impossible. Flickr lets me see what friends are eating for lunch, how they’ve redecorated their bedroom, their latest haircut. Twitter tells me when they’re hungry, what technology is currently frustrating them, who they’re having drinks with tonight."
- Read more about Ambient Intimacy here:
- Here are some of the photos I shared during the evening:
- "Tafelbier is a Belgian beer of lower strength - and for good reason. Tafelbier was, (and still is) enjoyed by Belgian families at meal time. This is the ultimate summer session beer at 2.8% ABV. Dry hopped with Styrian Goldings and Saaz hops, it has a distinct herbal hop aroma and flavor that balances perfectly with the spicy Belgian yeast character."
- Moldy donuts plates were cute!
- This photo of Ravi's ribs in the oven got 10 likes and a comment. After baking on a low heat for 3 hours, they went on the grill.It's always fun to see the LIKES come in, in real time. It brings you closer to those who aren't sharing the moment with you, and it gives them a look into what you are doing.
- Here's Ravi's shot of the grill.
- This was a fun photo to take and it got a quick 11 likes. Mom and dad liked it too!
- Ravi has a turntable hooked up to his sound system so we listened to some rare albums. I learned a lot about how new pressings of old albums sound better.