- The forum started out with many wondering how long it was going to take with such a long agenda.
- — sean whaley (@seanw801)Wed, May 01 2013 16:41:29
- One of the first topics addressed was the effect of the national economy on Nevada.
- — Sondra Cosgrove (@SondraCosgrove)Wed, May 01 2013 17:01:00
- Next up was an overview of Nevada's economy in terms of employment.
- — Anjeanette Damon (@AnjeanetteDamon)Wed, May 01 2013 17:09:48NV Employment economist: By almost all measures the state's job markets appear to be on the mend. #nvleg
- — Sondra Cosgrove (@SondraCosgrove)Wed, May 01 2013 17:27:25
- But soon after that, as well as a discussion on how healthcare would affect the state, the topic was on to gaming and the economic effect of it in Nevada. And with gaming discussion come the big dogs from Nevada's casinos.
- — Andrew M. Doughman (@AMdoughman)Wed, May 01 2013 17:19:12
- — Mackenzie Warren (@MackWarrenTV)Wed, May 01 2013 17:57:27Something just woke me up in economic forum: Steve Wynn expected to be in NV Leg building TODAY. ! A day earlier than we thought... #nvleg
- And on the topic of gaming, Steve Wynn made an appearance, saying he was there to help, and to explain the side of the casinos.
- — Mark Stufflebeam (@BuzzIzarownd)Wed, May 01 2013 22:47:26
- — Elizabeth Crum (E!!) (@elizcrum)Wed, May 01 2013 23:26:08
- But finally some hard numbers came, and the Economic Forum came to an end.
- — sean whaley (@seanw801)Thu, May 02 2013 00:07:03
Nevada Economic Forum
A quick recap via Twitter.
byStephanie Glantz34 Views