- Content note: this storify links to misogyny and discusses the violence of the Elliot Rodger case.
- It started with my analysis of the Elliot Rodger case, which I think is fairly sound.
- — Another Angry Woman (@stavvers)Sat, May 24 2014 17:08:07Elliot Rodger didn't kill those people because he was "mentally disturbed". To even pretend that's why is plain disablism and stigma.
- — Another Angry Woman (@stavvers)Sat, May 24 2014 17:08:46The truth is far scarier to comprehend: Elliot Rodger killed those people because of a sense of entitlement to women's bodies.
- — Another Angry Woman (@stavvers)Sat, May 24 2014 17:10:44I've come across men who think like Elliot Rodger almost every day of my life. It's a linear path from those thoughts to violence.
- — Another Angry Woman (@stavvers)Sat, May 24 2014 17:11:46Men feel entitled. Men perpetrate violence. It's easier to dismiss Elliot Rodger as somehow deviant than to acknowledge these facts.
- — Another Angry Woman (@stavvers)Sat, May 24 2014 17:15:10If you can stomach it, read what men on a forum for entitled men think of Elliot Rodger http://www.businessinsider.com/ucsb-shooting-forum-associated-with-elliot-rodger-reacts-2014-5 … (content note: disablism)
- — Another Angry Woman (@stavvers)Sat, May 24 2014 17:15:49Note how they're blaming everything but the motive the killer outright stated: entitlement to women's bodies and emotional labour.
- — Another Angry Woman (@stavvers)Sat, May 24 2014 17:16:58Anyway, guess I'd better start writing that blog in anticipation of the inevitable CiF and Spiked fuckery from men that'll come out of this.
- — Mediocre Dave (@MediocreDave)Sat, May 24 2014 17:13:14@stavvers Guess it's naively optimistic to hope that this will occasion some self reflection among men with similar feelings of entitlement.
- Oh, Dave, my sweet naive child of summer. This is not how this goes down at all. What did men take from the Elliot Rodgers case? An opportunity to show off what lovely gents they all are.
- — Ano(do) agresivo (@Gonsales1000011)Sat, May 24 2014 17:15:36@stavvers are you fucking nuts? He did it because he was not mentally sane. Period. And i highly doubt you ever felt that "sense of (1/2)
- — Ano(do) agresivo (@Gonsales1000011)Sat, May 24 2014 17:17:01@stavvers entitlement" since IMO every men would be ashamed of having such entitlement feelings toward you. I hope I've been explicit enough
- — Damian Clogher (@DamianClo)Sat, May 24 2014 17:22:20@stavvers Ok, you know what? No. I'm a Santa Barbaran. You're not going to attempt to say that all of us would do what he did. No.
Yes, all men
All men. All of them.
byAnother Angry Woman3 Likes3,324 Views