- People on post began sharing news of a lock down around 5 p.m.:
- First media reports on social media of the active shooter situation came around 4:30 p.m.:
- It was confirmed by officials shortly after 5 p.m.
- — 1st Cavalry Division (@1stCavalryDiv)Wed, Apr 02 2014 22:06:53ALERT: All personnel on Fort Hood should shelter in place immediately, close doors and stay away from windows.
- More details are emerging:
- KWTX in Waco reported one death in the active shooter situation at 5:23 p.m.:
- Official confirmation of the shooting came from Fort Hood around 5:30 p.m.:
- More developing:
- — Jeremy Schwartz (@JinATX)Wed, Apr 02 2014 22:30:26As the Hasan shooting taught us, rumors and speculation spread like wildfire in 1st hrs after an incident. We'll bring you confirmed info.
- — Kolten Parker (@KoltenParker)Wed, Apr 02 2014 22:22:00Some outlets reporting 3 dead, but spokesman told @mySA he has not been notified of any deaths at #FortHood: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Shooter-injuries-reported-at-Fort-Hood-5371480.php …
Breaking: Shooter reported at Fort Hood - 4.2.2014
An active shooter has been reported at Fort Hood on April 2, 2014. Fort Hood tweeted out a shelter in place for all personnel on post. We're following developments on social media:
byAustin Statesman21 Likes3,602 Views