- The first day of Annual Meeting started bright and early Thursday at the Fort Worth Convention Center.
- Lawyers, judges, and others listened to interesting sessions touching on a variety of areas and issues related to the legal profession throughout the day...
- — Brian (((Holland))) (@Prof_Holland)Thu, Jun 16 2016 15:38:48
- ...taking away words of wisdom...
- — Kristen Knauf (@KristenKnauf)Thu, Jun 16 2016 13:14:10"We are masters of unsaid words, but slaves to those we let slip out." Great Churchill ref. by Hon. J. Frost re: practice civility. #sbot16
- — Kevin O'Keefe (@kevinokeefe)Thu, Jun 16 2016 21:24:19You can't develop judgment when you're following orders, you can only develop judgement when you're making decisions. - C Wattley #sbot16
- — Victor Flores (@Victor_A_Flores)Thu, Jun 16 2016 15:13:03Justice Green, "We are legal counsellors - we heal relationships." Such a great reminder of our legal duty! #sbot16
- ...helpful practice tips...
- — Patricia McConnico (@pmcconnico)Thu, Jun 16 2016 15:31:06
- — Lindsay Mader (@LSmader)Thu, Jun 16 2016 16:24:00Main tips for trial behavior: Your reputation is everything, treat pro se litigants w/ respect, choose discovery requests wisely #sbot16
- — TVAS (@TVASFW)Thu, Jun 16 2016 16:06:26
- — State Bar of Texas (@statebaroftexas)Thu, Jun 16 2016 19:55:17New lawyers' survival guide: prepare scripts for difficult situations, use I & avoid finger pointing, pose questions like a learner #sbot16
- ...and even some laughs.
- — Jillian Beck (@Jillian_Beck)Thu, Jun 16 2016 19:08:24
- Throughout Annual Meeting State Bar and sections welcomed new directors and officers.
State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting 2016
State Bar of Texas employees and board members, along with judges, lawyers, and others from across the state converged on Fort Worth for the 2016 Annual Meeting on June 16-17, which featured informative legal sessions and interesting speakers on topics in the profession.
bystatebaroftexas1 Like226 Views