- Dec. 27, 2011: Three days before the game.
- Dec. 30, 2011: During a JV hockey game, the 16-year-old honors student and varsity tennis player at Benilde-St. Margaret's was hit from behind by two players from Wayzata High School. He did not get up.
- Jabby's account goes silent for days, but others are thinking about him:
- Jan. 7, 2012: And then this, tweeted not by Jack, but to his account.
- Jan. 12, 2012: While Jack remains hospitalized, his team, the Benilde-St. Margaret Red Knights, is making a run toward the post-season.
- — Jack Jablonski (@Jabs_13)Tue, Jan 24 2012 21:50:37Jack has been moved to Sister Kenny's rehab center part of Abbott Northwestern. He will have 3-4 hours of rehab a day plus classes for rehab
- — Jack Jablonski (@Jabs_13)Tue, Jan 24 2012 21:54:41Rehab is very exhausting, especially in the first few days. Hospital rules define visiting hours from 5-8, Thanks for the continued support
- Jan. 27: 2012: While beginning his rehab treatment, Jack is cheered by visits from friends and pro athletes, including members of the Minnesota Twins.
- — Jack Jablonski (@Jabs_13)Fri, Jan 27 2012 20:36:34Just met Jordan Leopold with his Hobey Baker thn 6 twins came! Matt Capps Drew Butera Carl Pavano Jason Marquis Glen Perkins &Justin Morneau
- — Max Jablonski (@to_the_max13)Sat, Feb 04 2012 01:34:07Jack's been working very hard in rehab, but it's been hard on Jack's body. At this time we ask for no visitors for the rest of the weekend
- — Jack Jablonski (@Jabs_13)Tue, Feb 14 2012 23:47:19Jack has gotten to meat players on the Vancouver Canucks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Anaheim Ducks and Cal Clutterbuck & his Wife! Pics up soon
Jabs: In his own words
For Jack Jablonski, whose life changed so completely after being paralyzed in a hockey game, Twitter has been one way to reach out and connect with fans and friends online. This collection of his public tweets begins in the days just before the accident.
byStar Tribune 1,325 Views