- — GiantSweettart (@GiantSweetTart)Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:07:46When Van Cliburn started his concert an hour after curtain, the review read "He was late and he was wrong" RIP Van
- — GiantSweettart (@GiantSweetTart)Wed, Feb 27 2013 09:56:42One night at a party, Van Cliburn came down to the pool at his house and said "I've never been down here before. It's nice." R.I.P. Van
- — Kay Bailey Hutchison (@kaybaileyhutch)Wed, Feb 27 2013 09:13:17Texas America and the world lost a treasure today .. Van Cliburn was the best, in music and heart.
- — Camille Herron (@runcamille)Wed, Feb 27 2013 09:12:47famed pianist Van Cliburn died! Heard him in concert in HS. He inspired me to practice my French horn to make the All-State band. Made it!
- — Mitch Davis (@foxmitch)Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:00:28Van Cliburn, classical pianist and cold-war hero, is dead. Understanding this today requires explanation of the 1960's and the cold war.