- It is the first week of the month, and so we have a change in our Program Room exhibition. This month we feature Stories from Grace Islet, an exhibit of artwork, images and text recording the protection of a sacred burial ground in Ganges Harbour. As always, we open our exhibition with an Art Talk. For this special exhibition we have an entire series of talks.
Stories From Grace Islet
- The opening of this months exhibition is on Wednesday the 4th of November at 7pm.
- Additional events run throughout the month highlighting the cultural, spiritual, ecological and archaeological value of Grace Islet.
- On Saturday the 7th of November we have two sessions on the theme of Coast Salish Voices
- 10am Coast Salish Knowledge-Keepers Speak
First Nations elders present their perspectives and thoughts on Grace Islet and Coast Salish culture. Opening songs with Cowichan drummers led by Louis Sylvester.
- 1pm Grace Islet: The Challenge to Reform the BC Heritage Act
With Eric McLay, archaeologist and PhD candidate (UVic) and Robert Morales, Chief Negotiator for the Hul’qumi’num Treaty Group.
Youth Writing Group
- Also this week we have the second of our Youth Writing Group meetings on Wednesday from 4pm to 6pm in Teen Room 106.
Poetry Open Mic
- The featured poet for this month's Poetry Open Mic is Peter Levitt.
- Find out more about these and other upcoming events, including Toddler Times, Story Times and Tech Tutoring, in our online calendar.