- Grace Islet events continue Saturday with a morning presentation about the burial traditions of the Coast Salish Peoples, following the successful protection and restoration of the sacred burial ground at Grace Islet. The presentation is scheduled in the morning out of respect for Coast Salish cultural traditions not to speak of the dead after noon. In conjunction with the “Stories of Grace Islet” exhibit in the Program Room.
- This will be followed next Tuesday with an evening session on the The Archaeology of Shiya'hwt (Ganges).
- This week we have three technology training sessions. On Monday Conrad Koke offers two individual sessions on using iPads, eReaders and Overdrive. These sessions run every Monday and need to be booked in advance.
- On Tuesday Myles English continues his Tech Cafe series with an introduction to HTML, the language that web pages are written in.
- While on Saturday Instructor John runs a series of one-hour sessions covering Macs, PCs and Tablet computers.
- Space is limited on all of the tech programs. Be sure to book your place in advance.
- Start the weekend with some fun. Our Bridge Club meets from 10:00 to 12:00 on Friday mornings.
- While on Friday evenings you can join in with board games and other interactive games facilitated by Bryan Dubien.
Time for Some Stories
- Our Friday StoryTime session this weeks features Coast Salish Stories for Children. This session, which runs from 10:30-11:15, is aimed at children aged 3 to 6 years old.
- While our Saturday Toddler Time is suitable for children 3 and under.
Coming Soon ...