7 On The 7th
- Our extra hours are returning. Last year we had a very successful experiment in which we kept the library open on Wednesday evenings? Well, it was so successful we are doing it again. From the 7th of October the library will remain open until 7pm on Wednesdays. A big thank you to the volunteers covering these extra hours.
Poetry Open Mic with Elizabeth Ross | Thursday 1st October at 6:45pm
- At this month's Poetry Open Mic we are pleased to welcome Elizabeth Ross, author of Kingdom.
- The Open Mic is on Thursday 1st of October. Signup is at 6:45pm with the Open Mic starting at 7pm. One poem per person. Max 3 mins. Elizabeth will be reading from 7:30pm.
StoryTime and Quintessence Breastfeeding Challenge | Saturday 3rd October 10:30am
- We are very pleased to be a part of the Quintessence Breastfeeding Challenge. We are holding a special Story Time at 10:30am on Saturday the 3rd of October with a Latch On at 11am.
Youth Writing Group | Wednesday 7th October 4pm to 6pm
- The Salt Spring Island Public Library is excited to offer a Youth Writing Group. Led by Nikky, who studied creative writing at UVic, the Writing Group offers a relaxed workshop environment for youth to enjoy writing activities, and share works in progress. Writing will cover poetry, stories, and any and all other writing that interests participants.
- The Youth Writing Group meets the first Wednesday of the month from 4 – 6 pm in the Teen Room (room 106). The first meeting is October 7th. Snacks will be provided, and no previous experience or skill level is required. The Library’s mission is to support literacy and learning on every level, and to all members of our community. No registration is required for the Youth Writing Workshop.
Tech Cafe - Wordpress | Tuesday 6th October 7pm to 9pm
- Many Islanders rely on Wordpress for their personal and business websites. In our next Tech Cafe you can find out more about this powerful, versatile content management system.
Art Talk - The Charcoal Project | Wednesday 7th October 6pm
- Students from GISS working and experimenting with a variety of mediums and themes exhibit their work for the month of October and host an evening get together with local artists to view and chat about their work, interests and influences.
For Rhiannon | Sunday 11th October 2-3:30pm
- Greg Klassen, who has been running monthly photography workshops, has an exhibition on the concrete walls outside the library.
- Find out more about this project at Greg's artist talk on the 11th of October.