- This month's program room exhibition contains beautiful acrylic paintings and photo collages by Phyllis Webb. These are the surprising late-life creations of this well-known Canadian poet and Salt Spring Islander. Colourful, sometimes puzzling, and mainly abstract, these works feel at home in the Library’s generous gallery space. Webb’s books of poetry and essay collections are also on display.
- See the exhibition in the Program Room from the 1st to the 29th of February, when the room is not otherwise in use.
- Find out more about the breadth of Phyllis' work at the Canadian Encyclopedia.
Heart to Heart | Tuesday at Noon
- On Tuesday Salt Spring Island Heart to Heart is running the first of seven cardiac educations sessions.
Human Beings and the Future of the Planet | Tuesday 7pm
- Also on Tuesday, Hans Tammemagi presents a sobering vision of our future and the consequences of human overpopulation.
Youth Book Club | Thu 3:30pm
- Led by the Youth Services librarian and library volunteers Cathy McCluskey and Marsha Moreau, the Youth Book Club is a fun, low pressure environment to explore books and reading with other young people. Meetings include a combination of discussion time, as well as activities related to the book read. A different book is read each month. The club is free and without registration. Come just once, or as many times as you like.
Tech Cafe: Wordpress Hands-On | Thu 7pm
- Also on Thursday Myles English is running another of his WordPress Hands-On sessions.
- Myles also has instructional videos in his YouTube channel.
- And like all good WordPresser's he knows his Jazz.
- Tuesday 9th February
- Salt Spring Island Heart to Heart @ 12:00
- SS Transition: Hans Tammemagi @ 19:00
Thursday 11th February
- Youth Book Club @ 15:30
- Tech Cafe: WordPress Hands-on @ 19:00
Friday 12th February
- Bridge Club @ 10:00
- StoryTime @ 10:30
- Games Night @ 18:00
Saturday 13th February
- Tech Tutoring with John @ 10:00
- ToddlerTime @ 10:30