- Studies have shown that children who regularly attend library StoryTimes or similar programs perform better in school and other learning environments. Our own StoryTime's theme, until the end of February, is "Winter on Salt Spring".
- Salt Spring Library is lucky to have a skilled, talented and enthusiastic troupe of StoryTime volunteers, including singer/songwriter Hannah, the ever-popular Margaretha, and Ashton and Rama, members of the band Sweet Water Revolver.
Family Literacy Games Day
- It's Family Literacy Week. The Library has teamed up with Salt Spring Literacy for a Family Literacy Games Day on Saturday.
- Discover other activities and resources on Twitter using the hashtag #FLW2016.
Book Club | The Rosie Project
- Our upcoming Book Club on Thursday the 28th of January features The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion who talks about the theme of the book in this trailer.
Peace is Possible
- On Saturday Laura Dafoe is running "Peace is Possible" workshop.
- The workshop examines 10 things we can do to contribute to internal, interpersonal, and organizational peace, based on the principles of Nonviolent Communication. Laura is a retired teacher who has been studying Nonviolent Communication for the past ten years. Her studies include emotional intelligence and interpersonal-neurobiology. Laura believes enhancing communication skills is key to resolving conflicts peacefully and moving towards sustainable well being for all.
- Mon. 25th Jan
- Tech Tutoring with Conrad @ 12:00 to 14:00
Thu. 28th Jan
- Library Book Club @ 13:00 to 15:00
- Youth Book Club @ 15:30 to 17:00
Fri. 29th Jan
- Bridge Club @ 10:00 to 12:00
- StoryTime @ 10:30 to 11:15
- Games Night @ 18:00 to 21:00
Sat. 30th Jan
- Tech Tutoring with John @ 10:00 to 17:00
- ToddlerTime @ 10:30 to 11:00
- Peace is Possible @ 11:00 to 12:00
- Family Literacy Games Day @ 14:00 to 16:00