- This week we have two very timely events. On Wednesday hear Winter's Words, with readings by five Vancouver Island University writers organized by local author Kathy Page. Then on Thursday join in our final Tech Cafe of the year, which happens to fall on the 200th anniversary of the birth of the world's first computer programmer, Ada Lovelace.
Winter’s Words | 7pm Wednesday
- Salt Spring writer Kathy Page will be introducing several of her talented writer-colleagues from Vancouver Island University at a multi-author reading event at Salt Spring Island Public Library on Wednesday December 9th at 7:00 PM. Page, whose story collection Paradise and Elsewhere was nominated for the Giller Prize last year, commutes to Nanaimo each week to teach Creative writing at VIU part-time.
- “I thought it would be fantastic to make a connection between Salt Spring and the writing community at the university,” she said. “This will be a lively evening with a lot of variety, and a chance to get to know some excellent local writers. We were going to call it Winter’s Tales but then realized that the cinema is showing A Winter’s Tale the day after – a recipe for confusion.”
WordPress Hands-On II | 7pm Thursday
- Back by popular demand! By the end of this 2-hour hands-on session with Myles, you will have created the outline for your own WordPress site or blog.
- Please bring your own laptop. Space is limited, so please register ahead of time at 250-537-4666, or email@example.com.
- Christmas is coming, and we'll be taking a break. Here are our holiday hours.
Interlibrary Loans Holiday Closure
- ILL services will be closed from December 20th to January 2nd.