- Long-time Springfield high school baseball coach Howard Bell, who was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis in December 2011, died early this morning. Bell was 48.Community members have taken to social media today to remember Bell. Public posts on Facebook and Twitter are below.
- — Jordan Knutson (@jordan_knutson)Fri, Mar 29 2013 19:07:15Sad to hear about Howard Bell. I know that the Mo State Bears will be playing their hearts out for him. Good luck @MSUbearbaseball
- — Matt Schoch (@MattSchochNL)Fri, Mar 29 2013 16:47:52Really enjoyed getting to spend time with Howard Bell over the last couple years #mopreps Coach will be missed. Prayers to his family
- — Grant Gordon (@Grant_G_35)Fri, Mar 29 2013 16:44:30Big one today for #MSUBaseball ..conference play begins..Incredible matchup on the mound. This one is for the late, great Howard Bell.
- — Tom Ladd (@tmichaelladd)Fri, Mar 29 2013 16:40:39"In the end it is not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." RIP Howard Bell, inspirational to the end.
- — Gerry Lee (@GerryLee2)Fri, Mar 29 2013 16:04:24Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Howard Bell family. He was such a great mentor and role model to so many people. He will be missed!
- — Liz Strahl (@LizzzStrahl)Fri, Mar 29 2013 15:57:34RIP Coach Bell. You will be missed. http://www.news-leader.com/article/20130329/NEWS01/303290102/Howard-Bell-Glendale-baseball-coach-dies-after-battling-Lou-Gehrig-s-Disease … via @springfieldNL
- — Jenalee (@JenaleeCologna)Fri, Mar 29 2013 15:53:09
- — News-Leader Sports (@sgfsportsNL)Fri, Mar 29 2013 15:15:45
- — Conner Wilson (@Conner_M_Wilson)Fri, Mar 29 2013 15:07:36God gained another angel! RIP Coach Howard Bell! You touched so many lives in your life! Thoughts and prayers please be with his family
'The Angels just got a new coach': Howard Bell remembered on Facebook, Twitter