- The Social Media Exchange is an annual creative day for the charity sector curated and delivered by digital storytelling organisation sounddelivery #SMEX17 celebrates the power of digital storytelling and its potential to have a positive impact on the world around us. Read on to find out what happened when we brought together 190 changemakers – fundraisers, campaigners, volunteers, social entrepreneurs, funders and other socially-minded individuals to learn new skills, form partnerships and share insights to ultimately tell powerful stories to create social change. Whether you attended or not here are the highlights from the day including further information, links and other useful articles. Happy reading!
Ps If you want to keep up with our work follow us @sounddelivery or sign up to our enews
- This year we were supported by and joined by many amazing charities and other socially minded organisations
- The buzz started early
- Jude Habib, sounddelivery Director, and the Curator of the Social Media Exchange opened the day.
Jude Habib created the Social Media Exchange because she believes that although there are so many examples of excellent storytelling out there she believes that many opportunities to tell moving, important stories are not harnessed so these stories go untold. She also is passionate about supporting the charity sector to be the best it can be by offering a day like this that is interactive, practical and tailored to the needs of the sector.
- Getting ready for our storytelling bootcamp - with a little help from choir leader Aneesa
- We love surprises here at sounddelivery and we love surprising our delegates at events even more. This year choir leader Aneesa Choudry kicked off the day with a fab rendition of Walking on Sunshine- someone did once say it wouldn't be a sounddelivery event without a choir! Aneesa Chaudhry is a professional singer,vocal coach and Director of several choirs including the Rainbow Chorus, the south of England’s 70 strong LGBT SATB choir. She also heads up the Martlets Hospice GOOD VIBRATIONS Choir twice a week which consists of patients, staff and volunteers.
- sounddelivery works with charity staff to build a Social Media Exchange training experience that is relevant, practical, accesssible and inspiring. On the day delegates were able to pick from a wide range of masterclasses, led by some of the best individuals working in that field, building their own personal training plan. Here are insights into some of the sessions.
- Get Blogging: Kirstie Brewer is a commissioning editor at the Guardian and runs its Letter to the Public series, designed to give a voice to the staff behind public services. She is also a writer on social affairs, women’s rights, and culture for The Guardian, the BBC and The Pool.