- — Mark Cavendish (@MarkCavendish)Tue, Jul 16 2013 02:12:29So if I want to get to Paris, now come 5 of the hardest consecutive days I'll ever face on a bike. In the best team to get through it though
- Rui Costa wins stage 16 on the descent into Gap.
- But Chris Froome wasn't happy when Alberto Contador attacked him on the descent and nearly caused him to crash. The pair had to be helped by Richie Porte to make it back to the main group.
- Stage 17 was the final time trial of the Tour.
- — Geraint Thomas (@GeraintThomas86)Wed, Jul 17 2013 06:54:40Someone else I don't envy... The countdown man, stood there for 6hours counting down from 5 every 2mins!! #longday
- For some who were out on the route early, they could put their feet up the rest of the afternoon...
- ...but it was the late starters who set the fastest times. Alberto Contador put himself into first position with the fastest ride of the day, until Chris Froome emerged last onto the course.
- A nifty bike change mid-way through the stage from Froome proved successful and meant Contador had a nervous wait at the end of the stage to see the yellow jersey's finishing time. Froome came in 8.82 seconds quicker to take his third stage victory.
- — Andrew Talansky (@andrewtalansky)Thu, Jul 18 2013 01:53:29If in the future Tejay or myself are able to do something similar to @chrisfroome will you criticize and doubt us the same as you do to him?
- Stage 18, was one of the most challenging - featuring a double climb of Alpe d'Huez
- Some took it easy before the stage...
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.