- — Guy W. Giorno (@guygiorno)Mon, Dec 09 2013 18:49:50We hear of four basic types of unregistered lobbyists: The Unaware, The Astonished, The Skeptical, The Obstinate #COGEL2013
- — Guy W. Giorno (@guygiorno)Tue, Dec 10 2013 19:00:48UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Israel have all looked to Canada's lobbying transparency law as example: Karen Shepherd #COGEL2013
- — Guy W. Giorno (@guygiorno)Tue, Dec 10 2013 19:22:02US lobbying law expert Ken Gross notes Prince Edward Island is lone Canadian hold out: no lobbying transparency law #COGEL2013
- — Guy W. Giorno (@guygiorno)Tue, Dec 10 2013 19:53:55Even Georgia is scrapping 10% threshold for lobbyist registration, but Canada, Ontario, NS, NL cling to 20% threshold #COGEL2013
- — Guy W. Giorno (@guygiorno)Tue, Dec 10 2013 20:21:37Seems US has same problem as Canada with some lawyers claiming (wrongly) they don't have to register when they lobby #COGEL2013
How does Canada's lobbyist registry measure up?
The workings of our lobbyist registry and how it compares to those in the United States were among the subjects discussed at the Council on Governmental Ethics Laws's annual conference. Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s former chief of staff Guy Giorno was there and tweeted some of the proceedings.
bySean Holman23 Views