- The emergence of social media has transformed how people interact online. It has also created tremendous opportunity for brands and businesses worldwide. Social media is a force for organizational change and business value. To be successful, organizations need to take a people-centric approach to social business. Our next #P4SPChat will open discussions around the role of 'The Social Employee' in the path to social business. Join the discussion and tell us how organizations can harness the power of their employees to create a successful social-centric business.
- Guest Expert: Co-founder, CEO and CMO of Blue Focus Marketing; Author of The Social Employee, Cheryl Burgess will join the chat as guest expert
- Topics for discussionQ1: What's your definition of a socially empowered employee?Q2: Social media for businesses is not just marketing. How has social energized the workplace?Q3: How can businesses empower employees to get involved on social and integrate it into day to day tasks?Q4: How are employees able to drive social innovation within a company?
- Background Reading:
- In this blog post, Cheryl Burgess discusses the importance of building a social employee culture
- Here's another blog post from IBM VP of digital strategy, Howard Pyle. He talks about building an integrated social media experience for your brand.
What is #P4SPchat?Are you interested in talking about building a Smarter Planet? Join us and discuss how businesses, governments and entire industries are adopting technologies to become efficient and effective. Follow the hashtag #P4SPchat.
When does it happen?The #P4SPchat happens on Wednesdays or Thursdays. Actual time of the chat may vary.
How do I participate?You will need a Twitter ID to be part of this chat. To participate in the chat, follow @SmarterPlanet or the hash tag #P4SPChat on Twitter. You can also use applications like Twubs for your convenience. Use your twitter credentials for logging into twubs. When using twubs, it automatically includes the chat hashtag in all your tweets.
Who can participate?Have ideas to solve problems that can benefit all of humanity? Join in. Everyone is invited to participate. In our chats we have experts from respective industries sharing their views on current trends and news.