On our second #P4SPchat, we are discussing electric vehicles. With gas prices headed back up nationally toward $4 per gallon, interest in electric vehicles (EVs) is on the rise too. As more consumers choose the plug-in, auto-manufacturers, utilities and other stakeholders are diligently working to scale-up the national infrastructure and ensure grid readiness. We’re asking you, what needs to be done to accelerate EV adoption. What would get you behind the EV wheel?
- Here are the topics we are going to be discussing on the #P4SPchat
- Q1: There are a number of #EVs coming to market, but the barriers remain for consumers. Is range anxiety the only concern?
- Q2: What needs to be done to get the infrastructure ready for the 2.9 million #EVs expected on roads WW by 2017?
- Q3: Are there other #EV-prepared countries around the world that the U.S. can learn from? What are they doing different?
- Q4: What new technologies are required to help drive #EV adoption? Is it just batteries?
- Q5: What would local governments need to do, to promote #EV adoption?
- Check out this cool video on Battery 500 project. A cutting edge research project aiming to increase the range of electric vehicles to 500 miles. This research breakthrough might be the key to electric vehicle adoption.
What is #P4SPchat?Are you interested in talking about building a Smarter Planet? Join us and discuss how businesses, governments and entire industries are adopting technologies to become efficient and effective. Follow the hashtag #P4SPchat.
When does it happen?The #P4SPchat happens every second and fourth Thursday of the month from 12 Noon - 1PM Eastern Time.
How do I participate?You will need a Twitter ID to be part of this chat. To participate in the chat, follow @SmarterPlanet or the hash tag #P4SPChat on Twitter. You can also use applications like tweetchat for your convenience. Use your twitter credentials for logging into tweetchat. When using tweet chat, it automatically includes the chat hashtag in all your tweets.
Who can participate?Have ideas to solve problems that can benefit all of humanity? Join in. Everyone is invited to participate. In our chats we have experts from respective industries sharing their views on current trends and news.