- The collection process went like this:
1. Write some questions
2. Create a Google form (survey)
3. Share the form on our blog
4. Ask for help from around the world on Twitter
5. Create a Google My Map to display the results
- Our teachers have networks of other teachers around the world so we specifically asked them for help.
- — St Luke's PS (@slblackburnsth)Mon, May 09 2016 06:49:21
- — St Luke's PS (@slblackburnsth)Mon, May 09 2016 10:09:03
- The answers came in straight away.
- — St Luke's PS (@slblackburnsth)Mon, May 09 2016 08:04:31
- — St Luke's PS (@slblackburnsth)Mon, May 09 2016 12:03:02We have replies to our weather survey from: Japan Ireland Australia New Zealand Bahrain USA Canada India China http://goo.gl/forms/khEClHyrc6 …
- Our Twitter friends then asked their friends to help so we got even more answers.
- — Barrow Hill Primary (@BHPSderbyshire)Tue, May 10 2016 03:51:16Help our friends at @slblackburnsth in Melbourne, Australia with their weather survey! ☀️⚡️☔️☃ https://twitter.com/slblackburnsth/status/729563893362663424 …
- — DevonshireBHPS (@DevonshireClass)Tue, May 10 2016 04:01:23@slblackburnsth This is a fantastic project! We have left you a response and a comment! From your friends in the UK🇬🇧
- — Michelle Macumber (@MicheleMacumber)Mon, May 09 2016 20:28:43Connect with this class & tell them about #weather in your area of the world! #globaled #classroomconnections https://twitter.com/slblackburnsth/status/729504668385042432 …
- — Nina Toller (@ninatoller)Mon, May 09 2016 13:19:25Help students in #Melbourne, AU to learn about the weather! Please RT 😃 #edchatde @slblackburnsth https://twitter.com/slblackburnsth/status/729504668385042432 …
- — merrybeau (@merrybeau1)Mon, May 09 2016 08:32:12Thanks for this interesting invitation. We enjoyed filling in the form. Have a good day! https://twitter.com/slblackburnsth/status/729504668385042432 …
- — St Luke's PS (@slblackburnsth)Tue, May 10 2016 00:09:20We are so thrilled to have all these responses to our weather survey. Thanks to all who contributed. http://juniors2016.global2.vic.edu.au/2016/05/09/weather-map-data/ …
- We even received some visual stories !
- — St Luke's PS (@slblackburnsth)Tue, May 10 2016 04:42:49
- This is the map we have prepared from the answers to our survey in the first 24 hours. These are the cities we heard from :
Tokyo, Bray, Victoria, Melbourne, Napier, Manama, Dallas, Texas, Montreal, Bengaluru, Beijing, Roskilde, Merredin Bandar Seri Begawan, Saskatoon, Avondale, Arizona, Duisburg, Sofia, Port Washington, NY, Seongnam Bound Brook, NJMullingar, Regina, Atlanta, Manhattan, KSSkopje, Attleboro, Massachusetts, Chatham, Boston, Miami, Skopje, Pittsboro, North Carolina, Skopje, Brisbane, Greenville, South Carolina, Melbourne, Derby, Indented Head .
We wanted to collect some data so we could learn about the weather in different places.