- Shingy was the first person I thought of when I heard Verizon was buying AOL today. Turns out I wasn't alone:
- So what's in store for him?
- — Eliot Nelson (@eliotnelson)Tue, May 12 2015 15:48:33As part of the Verizon deal, Shingy is being spun off to a farm upstate where he can roam free and live as nature intended.
- — John McDuling (@jmcduling)Tue, May 12 2015 16:02:26@NYTFridge @shingy no he stays. Or so I am told http://qz.com/403165/what-the-verizon-aol-deal-means-for-marissa-mayer-shingy-and-you/ …
- — Will Federman (@wfederman)Tue, May 12 2015 13:15:58My Twitter feed: "Verizon only bought AOL for video." "WRONG: Verizon bought AOL for ads." "WRONG, AGAIN: Verizon bought AOL for Shingy."
- — The real Jon Brodkin (@jbrodkin)Tue, May 12 2015 15:58:01I’m hearing that the Verizon/AOL merger price was $1 billion higher until Tim Armstrong insisted that Shingy remain with the company
- 👏 👏 👏
- — Oren Schauble (@lifeafteranalog)Tue, May 12 2015 13:31:34Shingy walks into Verizon HQ as Started From the Bottom plays loudly... Drake himself greets the futurist, whispering softly "welcome home"
Verizon buys Shingy
bySkyler Rogers3 Likes105 Views