Small Business SEO
- Small businesses and local businesses need an online presence to survive and thrive. This may be as simple as a facebook page, Twitter, account and simple citation listing such as Google+, Yelp, or Yellowpages.
- The greatest limitation for many small businesses is the cost involved with hiring an SEO or Social media expert to actually put a plan together and then implement that plan. Below are tips for small businesses when hiring an expert to help them with there online exposure. Small business SEO can really boost leads and calls to your business.
1. Ask To See Past Results
- This may seem really obvious, but you'd be amazed how many businesses don't ask their potential SEO expert to show them past results. Are they ranking their own website? Can they show you other clients results? If they can't or play coy, it's a red flag and you should look elsewhere.
2. Large Companies Are Not Always The Best
- Whith SEO and Social media changing so rapidly, many large organisations that provide these services are not able to be as nimble and as up to date as a one man gang or smaller firm who are quick to change and update.
3. SEO Costs Money
- As SEO (search engine optimisation) is changing so rapidly, it's not just a matter of achieving a page 1 or position 1 ranking in Google and then walking away. It takes consistent and persistent effort by either yourself or your SEO guy to maintain those rankings, or else wither Google, or your competitors will swallow you up. This is why most SEO firms charge a monthly retainer to continue the work. So a quick tip, don't haggle the monthly price. We get many prospective clients who say they don't want to, or wont pay a monthly retainer. We naturally educate them on why it is necessary. If you sack your SEO firm once you hit the top of Google, beware that your ranking will most probably disappear over time.
4. SEO Gurus are not all Snake Oil Salesman
- Seo has certainly achieved a dubious reputation of containing less savory character than you's desire. Yes, they are still out there, but if you can talk to them on the phone, meet them face to face, and they can show you proven results, chances are you're onto a good thing!
Silicon Dales Answers a relevant Question on Quroa
Silicon Dales Australia on G+
Silicon Dales Australia on Twitter