- — Bonnie Lizzette (@BonnieLizzette)Wed, Feb 01 2012 22:25:08"If money is your sole motivation then you will never be happy because it will never be enough." -Valerie Jarrett #WHEconForum
- — karen michelle mirko (@KMMirko)Wed, Feb 01 2012 22:25:08
- — Krista Sande-Kerback (@kristasande)Wed, Feb 01 2012 22:25:08
- — Shayna D. (@TheDivaLounge)Wed, Feb 01 2012 22:25:08
- — I Love My LIFE (@EricaFordNYC)Wed, Feb 01 2012 22:25:08
- — Tammy Tibbetts (@tammytibbetts)Wed, Feb 01 2012 22:25:08
- Fun fact: Did you know bed-and-breakfast entrepreneur Monique Greenwood (pictured right, she spoke on Panel #1) used to be editor-in-chief of Essence magazine? Very inspiring to us, since several members of our team work in magazines as well!
- She's the First Founder/President Tammy Tibbetts was representing! Even though the forum was geared toward women at for-profit businesses, the skills and advice for growth and funding are relevant and transferable to the non-profit sector.
- Made us smile to see 15-year-old She's the First correspondent Alanna RT one of our favorite lines of the day...it's true!
- #Inspiring conclusion to the program -- but after this, the Action Workshops began! We attended "Getting Capital to Start Your Business."
White House Urban Economic Forum at Barnard College
On Feb. 3, we attended #WHEconForum, a diverse gathering of women small business owners in NYC, hosted with the White House Council on Women and Girls. Successful non-profits run with sharp business smarts, so this was quite the classroom for us. Thanks to @theyec for passing along the opportunity!
byShe's the First211 Views