- — Sean Killeen (@sjkilleen)Sat, Jan 18 2014 20:01:52@GlebBudman Sorry to bother you but issue: backblaze restore seems to be non-functioning at the moment. Drops to 0kb/sec after one sec.
- — Sean Killeen (@sjkilleen)Sat, Jan 18 2014 20:06:03@GlebBudman FYI: both http and downloader restores failing; my restore is only 24 MB Zip; I'm getting 14Mbps down so not speed issue. Help?
- — Sean Killeen (@sjkilleen)Sat, Jan 18 2014 20:02:21@GlebBudman i love backblaze but am concerned that my critical files aren't available when I need them. Is this a maintenance window?
- — Gleb Budman (@GlebBudman)Sat, Jan 18 2014 20:17:36@sjkilleen weird. Thanks for the heads up. I'll ping out engineers to check. (Guessing you also emailed support, but if not, please do.)
- — Sean Killeen (@sjkilleen)Sat, Jan 18 2014 20:21:43@GlebBudman thank you! yep, I have a ticket in. (#74359) all my restores are coming via sfrestore-11 server; possible it could have issue.
- — Sean Killeen (@sjkilleen)Sat, Jan 18 2014 20:22:40@GlebBudman again, thanks. I know this isn't your role. I'm a huge backblaze promoter and your responsiveness only adds to the love.
- — Sean Killeen (@sjkilleen)Sat, Jan 18 2014 21:24:32@GlebBudman interesting; problem seemed to get worse for me. Now I sometimes see a "failed to fetch file info" message on listing my files.
- — Sean Killeen (@sjkilleen)Sat, Jan 18 2014 21:30:23@GlebBudman looks like it's working! Had to kill every chrome process on my machine. Strange issue, and it happened from fresh boot too.
- — Sean Killeen (@sjkilleen)Tue, Jan 21 2014 00:34:47@GlebBudman just following up: unfortunately my next restore (6GB) after downloading (w/Backblaze downloader) am told it's an invalid zip.
- — Sean Killeen (@sjkilleen)Tue, Jan 21 2014 00:37:34@GlebBudman providing you this feedback out of respect; this part of business needs massive improvement, or I'm forced to look elsewhere.
- — Gleb Budman (@GlebBudman)Tue, Jan 21 2014 02:24:06@sjkilleen sorry to hear. Super confused. We do hundreds of restores every day without issue. Please let support try and figure it out. Thx!
- — Sean Killeen (@sjkilleen)Tue, Jan 21 2014 02:28:53@GlebBudman I will; it's been 8+ hours but I hope they'll get back to me. FYI, I've written a blog post; Backblaze is welcome to comment.
- — Sean Killeen (@sjkilleen)Tue, Jan 21 2014 02:29:22
Very Supportive Conversation with Backblaze CEO
I was stuck on a holiday weekend and needed my data but was having technical issues. Though the issue remains unresolved and I'm still a little leery of Backblaze, I think he did a great job as CEO of responding to a concerned customer.
bySean Killeen488 Views