- When we think of Jane Austen, we think of Pride and Prejudice. It is undeniable Pride and Prejudice and Austen have cultural influence. There are fanfictions of her work, tumblr accounts and other webpages dedicated to her, people quote her all over the internet-on Facebook, Twitter etc.-and Youtube users creating videos based off of her books-including but not limited to Pride and Prejudice. There are even Kickstarter campaigns with projects inspired by Jane Austen and Pride and Prejudice. What is it that keeps Austen and Pride and Prejudice so present almost two-hundred years after Austen's death?
Main Entry: fan fictionPart of Speech: nDefinition: a fictional account written by a fan of a show, movie, book, or video game to explorethemes and ideas that will not or cannot be explored via the originating medium; also called fanfic(Via Dictionary.com)
- Both Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was published in 2009. It follows the plot line of its original story with the exception of mythical creates taking over the idyllic setting. There is also talk of producing a movie of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
- Also involving fantastical published fan fiction of Pride and Prejudice is:
- Above exists just some of the more fantastical fan fictions of Jane Austen's work. There are mystery/detective stories too.
- All of the above are based in alternate universes (AU). Below, we have AUs that are more "reality" based. I'm talking reality TV status, not actual reality.
- If there are so many published works of fanfiction, it is a wonder how much unpublished fanfiction exists.
- "She told him that her feelings were now quite the opposite. She loved him too. She agreed to be his wife. As soon as she said these words, the spell was broken and the beast became human forever. He has now the hydrangea and lavender scent on him. The beast and princess Liz married and lived happily ever after."
- This is a section from a fanfic found on pemberley.com in which Mr. Darcy tells the tale of how he met Elizabeth to his children in a Beauty and the Beast fashion.
- Fanfiction.com is a website for people to write and share fanfiction of any sort. They have specific categories singularly on Jane Austen's writing. Dwiggie.com is a fan website dedicated to Jane Austen including a section for fanfiction. Pemberly.com has entire archives dedicated to various Jane Austen fanfiction.Aside from fanfiction, tumblr blogs and websites are dedicated to Jane Austen's life and writing. One tumblr account is titled Jane Austen Time. This blog contains quotes, pictures of books, and picture/gifs of movies.
- The tumblr user How to Pride and Prejudice posts only Jane Austen and era related material. Most of this centers around Pride and Prejudice in particular.