This is what I look like.
- Please Note: if you hire me, I may have to work from underneath a cat from time to time. She may also make her presence known during Skype sessions or Google+ Hangouts.
An Overview -- Where I was, where I'm going.I dropped the following tweet bomb to kick-off my work search.
- I'm happy to entertain full-time opportunities with the right company, but am actively seeking freelance and short-term contract work at the moment.
- If you can't tell from this Storify, I also enjoy the hell out of social media work.
Selected Writing and PresentationsA curated collection of articles, presentations, and other projects where I contributed most, if not all, of the written words.
- A post on my personal blog about how I edit and organize web content and other non-fiction writing.
- The Field Guide is a manifesto-of-sorts about startup life I authored with the team at BitMethod.
- My wife is the editor and community manager for an alternative-culture website dedicated to the home. Think Martha or Better Homes and Gardens, but with more tattoos and yurts. I guest-authored the above post about setting up a home entertainment center.
- Somewhat ironically, one of the most popular articles I've ever authored is about how to find work at startups. A lot of very nice people said very nice things about it.
- I presented on some of my writing tips and tricks at the 2011 BarCamp in Des Moines.
- MailChimp has some of the best writers working on the web today. Love.
The Flyover EffectI co-hosted, produced, and edited over 30 episodes of a weekly podcast about startups, design, and all things internet with the small team at BitMethod. Here are a few of my favorite episodes: