- Last night, Seth MacFarlane, during the Oscar ceremony, said this about Quvenzhané Wallis, a 9-year-old black girl who is the youngest nominee EVER in the category of "Best Actress" (also, the cutest person alive today):
"So let me just address those of you up for an award, so you got nominated for an oscar, something a 9-year-old could do! She's adorable, Quvenzhane. She said to me backstage. "I really hope I don't lose to that old lady, Jennifer Lawrence." To give you an idea how young she is it'll be 16 years before she's too old for Clooney."
- And then, in an attempt to shed light on the horrible ways in which we talk about actresses and women at large in this culture, The Onion went way over the line:"Everyone else seems afraid to say it, but that Quvenzhané Wallis is kind of a cunt, right? #Oscars2013"
- I had a lot of thoughts about this last night and this morning and instead of writing a blog post, I'm just going to put all my tweets together here along with those of other smart people and call it a day.
- They did...AN HOUR LATER.
- As of now, the tweet directly above has over 220 retweets.