- After most of the primaries were declared late Tuesday night, Sacramento Twitter users reacted to the results with congratulations and civic pride.
- — Linda Hardy (@MichelleoomyL)Wed, Jun 04 2014 15:16:38I proudly work for Democracy .as an election officer ...it renews my faith in people ..My diverse board of random citizens Rocked It !!
- — Kevin Grimes (@KevsVoice)Wed, Jun 04 2014 13:14:08
- In one of the most closely watched races in the region, Anne Marie Schubert declared victory in the battle for Sacramento County district attorney. She beat Maggy Krell and Todd David Leras.
- — Marcos Breton (@MarcosBreton)Wed, Jun 04 2014 04:25:39#Sacramento County District Attorney candidate Maggy Krell is chewing gum while addressing supporters and talking on live TV. Enough said.
- — Andy Furillo (@andyfurillo)Wed, Jun 04 2014 02:43:50No matter what happens tonight, Maggy Krell's ability to raise money gives her a future in Sac politics. Collected $463k as of last week.
- — Hector Amezcua (@sacbeehector)Wed, Jun 04 2014 03:55:28Watch a video as Dan Smith and @andyfurillo talk about the Sacramento District Attorney's race. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G1IctAdq1o&feature=youtu.be …
- — Andy Furillo (@andyfurillo)Wed, Jun 04 2014 05:41:47More DA numbers: Schubert 46,413, 57.36 pct. Krell 26,215, 32.40, Leras 8,050, 9.95. 72 pct of precincts reporting. Write ins, .29 pct.
- — Marcos Breton (@MarcosBreton)Wed, Jun 04 2014 05:54:23
- The California 7th Congressional District, #CA07, covers the eastern half of Sacramento, including parts of Folsom and Rancho Cordova. It was also the battle among Democrat Ami Bera and Republicans Doug Ose, Elizabeth Emken and Igor Birman for the November run-off. Bera received 47 percent of the vote and will be challenged by Ose in November. Ose received 26.8 percent of the primary vote.
How did Sacramento voters react to the primary results? See how the elections unfolded on Twitter in the Sacramento region, including in the key races for Sacramento County district attorney and the 7th congressional district.
byThe Sacramento Bee321 Views