- A couple of weeks ago I engaged my students in guided reading lessons that saw each group of students completing a poster of some sort to summarize their reading and demonstrate their comprehension. To follow-up the lesson, we read Little Red Riding Hood and the students created "Wanted" posters for the Big Bad Wolf. In amongst these lesson were snow days and a teacher following @RCMPNS's quest to catch Old Man Winter for the Havoc he was causing our province. Seeing those tweets, I decided to ask my kids to make Wanted posters for Old Man Winter, too.
- — RCMP, Nova Scotia (@RCMPNS)Wed, Feb 18 2015 15:05:52Old Man Winter is wanted in relation to a series of storms over the past two weeks leaving behind massive amounts of snow across NS.
- — RCMP, Nova Scotia (@RCMPNS)Wed, Feb 18 2015 19:40:55
- So... I tweeted some pictures of my students' WANTED posters:
- And our twitter feed started to get *really* busy! The class was a-buzz with excitement as they watched the tweets come in on the screen at the front of the classroom!
- — RCMP, Nova Scotia (@RCMPNS)Thu, Feb 26 2015 17:37:56.@ruralteacher We would like a member come to the school, see the kids and see the posters in person? Would you be open to this?
- — RCMP, Nova Scotia (@RCMPNS)Thu, Feb 26 2015 18:40:17
- — RCMP, Nova Scotia (@RCMPNS)Thu, Feb 26 2015 18:41:37
The language arts lesson that took off in a couple of directions ;)