BEST: Ariana Grande had ZERO chill as she won
Best Pop/Rock Female Artist.
- The singer, still riding high from her performance of "Focus," could barely find her words as she said "Holy sh*t," through coming tears. Cutest part is a tie between "Ew I'm crying," or when she thanked her grandmother and recounted, "I owe a lot of this to my Nona who made sure to remind me that she voted. She goes 'Ariana, I went on the computer. I voted, so I think you'll win.'"
WORST: Wiz Khalifa was just too excited to be at the American Music Awards.
- I think he needed to calm down a little bit while introducing 5 Seconds of Summer.
WORST: Speaking of, 5 Seconds of Summer didn't seem very thrilled to be at the award show, either.
- The Australian band performed their single, "Hey Everybody!" The band seemed to just be walking through the energetic song. Let's hope it was just nerves?
- At least the band seemed excited during One Direction's performance of "Perfect."
BEST: Everything about One Direction.
- It's been a tough year for One Direction fans (you know- Zayn, Louis' baby mama drama, the hiatus), but that didn't stop them from voting for their favorite band. One Direction took home "Artist of the Year" and "Favorite Pop/Rock Duo/Group." The band also sounded lovely as they performed their latest single "Perfect," sans the need for any dancers, gimmicks, balls, etc. (PS, YOU ROCK THOSE SPARKLY BOOTS HARRY.)
BEST: Nick Jonas proved how talented he is with a performance of "Chains," "Levels," and "Jealous."
- Big brother Joe, along with his new band DNCE, did the honor of introducing Nick. Did we mention Nick played the drums, too?