- Meredith Jacob - Assistant Director, Academic Programs, Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property, American University Washington College of Law
- Lightning talks also from locals at the forefront of making and sharing great creative works (media, filmmakers, educators) who will share their experiences with copyright law in New Zealand.
- — Hamish MacEwan (@HamishMacEwan)Tue, Feb 21 2017 05:35:27Watch Copyright for innovation on @Livestream: https://livestream.com/i-filmservices/CopyrightForInnovation?t=1487655227003 …
- — InternetNZ (@InternetNZ)Tue, Feb 21 2017 05:40:39
- Section 42 Copyright Act NZ focuses on the fair dealing of creative works for the purpose of criticism, review, and news reporting
- A lot of content created by TVNZ is used in other programmes and TVNZ use material created by others
- There is an acceptance that content is used especially in parody; there is a sense that this is mutually beneficial.
- So much of today's news relies on user generated content - what rights do users have over how it is used?
- Is user-generated content attributed to the contributor and creator?
- Do we relinquish the right to our creation as soon as we hand it over? Should we?
- Or is our 15 seconds of fame enough?
- — InternetNZ (@InternetNZ)Tue, Feb 21 2017 05:50:36Some cool talks from NZ locals in the copyright space. Watch our event Copyright for Innovation via live-stream now https://livestream.com/i-filmservices/CopyrightForInnovation …
- For those making a living out of their creativity the argument for copyright is strong.
- Up next Elizabeth Heritage, a writer, book seller, reviewer and passionate about open access. Representing herself and Creative Commons
- Looking to create a vibrant and usable commons of content for all to use, remix, create and share.
Copyright for Innovation
A panel of international experts on copyright and innovation led a discussion at University of Auckland about copyright, fair use of intellectual property, open access and how it all works in the media, education and business.