- We all were quite excited to get cracking at the conference!
- — James Bullock (@jbprime)Tue, Jun 09 2015 14:13:06Headed to #CMBat50 - Gonna be fun to hang w those heavy hitters. Plan: float like butterfly https://twitter.com/pu_astro/status/607977641879011328 …
- — Renée Hložek (@reneehlozek)Tue, Jun 09 2015 15:06:45I’m attending the #CMBat50 workshop this week - so here is a little primer on my field of #CMB #cosmology #physics http://www.space.com/20330-cosmic-microwave-background-explained-infographic.html …
- We quickly got underway with the first session: 10:00-12:30: Session 1: History
- — Marcus Chown (@marcuschown)Tue, Jun 09 2015 07:53:03The "afterglow" of big bang tells us 4.9% of Universe's mass atoms; 26.8% dark matter; 68.3% dark energy http://marcuschown.com/article/afterglow-of-creation/ … … #CMBat50
- — Marcus Chown (@marcuschown)Wed, Jun 10 2015 09:06:54
- — Renée Hložek (@reneehlozek)Wed, Jun 10 2015 14:39:46
- — Renée Hložek (@reneehlozek)Wed, Jun 10 2015 15:00:07Peebles quoting Von Neumann: 'with 4 paeans I can make an elephant and with 5 I can make it's tail wag!' Let's not over-simplify #CMBat50
- There were some interesting characters including Virginia Trimble, who had some classic gem phrases for us...
- — Renée Hložek (@reneehlozek)Wed, Jun 10 2015 15:03:00
- — Renée Hložek (@reneehlozek)Wed, Jun 10 2015 15:11:48
- The talks were live-streamed, meaning colleagues all over the world could tune in!
- — Dr Chris Tibbs (@chris_tibbs)Wed, Jun 10 2015 15:12:50
- — Renée Hložek (@reneehlozek)Wed, Jun 10 2015 15:37:28I'm loving the recollections of The Greats (people and experiments) as real, flawed, serendipitous and with personality #CMBat50
CMB@50 day one
The tweets from the first day of the conference, as a summary of some of the talks and discussions
byRenee Hlozek1 Like695 Views