- Fans and critics of Manny Pacquiao immediately turned to social media to express their sentiments about his loss to Timothy Bradley.
Some put the blame on Pacquiao's "newfound faith".
- — Daniele Dorado (@AdenGERv2)Sat, Jun 09 2012 22:03:45Natalo si Pacquiao! BUTI NGA! HAHAHA! WOOO! GO AMERICAN MAFIA! HOORAY! :)))) Ang saya!! TALO TALO! I-BIBLE MO NA LANG PACQUAIO! #PacBradley
- — Mico Suarez (@micosuarezz)Sat, Jun 09 2012 22:01:27This is an eye opener for pacquiao... Doing bible studies, going out with his wife, And watching the Boston game before the fight... Focus!
- — John Joseph Ferrer (@johnnnn_0319)Sat, Jun 09 2012 22:02:44Pacquiao could have won..if he didnt changed his trainer in his conditioning..and he was so much onto his bible studies
- Even before the match ended, users were already criticizing Pacquiao's poor performance in the ring. Again putting the blame on his religious beliefs.
- Pacquiao's recent statement on gay marriage is probably a factor why some fans have turned their back on him. Many wished for him to lose even before the fight began.
- — bob bollinger (@bobsparacosm)Sat, Jun 09 2012 20:27:20I'm rooting for the guy who isn't an ignorant gay hating bible thumping yet mistress having dbag #goBradley http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1194821-pacquiao-vs-bradley-3-reasons-desert-storm-is-no-pushover …t.com/articles/1194821-pacquiao-vs-bradley-3-reasons-desert-storm-is-no-pushover
- Some fans however believe that Pacquiao's faith is a positive thing.
- — Gerald Santos (@OhGerald)Sat, Jun 09 2012 22:16:46Dear Manny Pacquiao, GOD has plans. You should know that. Sincerely, Filipinos. PS we are still proud of you no matter what! #pinoyforPACMAN
- — Jireh Lim (@jirehlim)Sat, Jun 09 2012 22:27:34Manny Pacquiao still praised God even though he lost the fight and felt cheated. I respect you, Manny. You're always the champ. High five!
- — Luke Cunningham (@lukecunningham)Sat, Jun 09 2012 21:02:01Rooting for Pac-Man tonight! 1) because he is one of the best boxers ever... 2) because he is a faithful Christian man! War Pacquiao!!!
- Others chose to be funny about it.