- — CELCIS (@CELCIStweets)Mon, Sep 03 2012 08:30:25With 600 delegates take advantage of early registration at #EUSARF2012 - get your delegate packs before everyone else http://www.eusarf2012.org/ConferenceInformation/tabid/606/Default.aspx …2.org/ConferenceInformation/tabid/606/Default.aspx …
- Pre-conference activities included a study day with Dr Bruce Perry on the 'Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics'
- The Conference kicked off in earnest on Wednesday 5th September.
- — Aileen Campbell (@ClydesdAileen)Wed, Sep 05 2012 10:02:58Honoured 2 spk @ EUSARF conf hosted by CELCIS. Global gathering o delegates 2 discuss policies 4 looked after kids. Inspired. #EUSARF2012
- Bruce Perry also gave a keynote on Day 1 of the conference.
- — JP_CELCIS (@JP_CELCIS)Wed, Sep 05 2012 09:14:03#eusarf2012 doctor Bruce perry - do we value touch? Or legislating against touch which is contrary to our own neural biological make up.
- — catherine nixon (@catherine_nixon)Wed, Sep 05 2012 09:18:10Amazing presentation from bruce perry at #eusarf2012 on vulnerable children, neural deficits and early years intervention
- — Anneke Vinke (@Adoptiepraktijk)Wed, Sep 05 2012 09:40:29#EUSARF2012 'cognitive social learning is most effective & most efficient when it is relationally mediated' Bruce Perry
- — JP_CELCIS (@JP_CELCIS)Wed, Sep 05 2012 09:46:33#eusarf2012 we must pay attention to relationships. Early childhood interactions critical say dr Bruce perry - love taught at this stage.
- Delegates also highlighted the impact of poverty here in Scotland.
- — catherine nixon (@catherine_nixon)Wed, Sep 05 2012 10:49:49RT @JP_CELCIS: #Eusarf2012 Interesting article on scotlands own poverty and impacts on children http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/children-bear-the-brunt-as-poverty-tears-families-apart.18777952 …tland.com/news/home-news/children-bear-the-brunt-as-poverty-tears-families-apart.18777952
- Prof Harriet Ward from the Centre for Child and Family Research (CCFR) spoke in the afternoon.
EUSARF 2012 Conference - Day 1
The 12th EUSARF Conference included the 10th International Looking After Children Conference, and the Inaugural International Conference of the Centre for Excellence for Looked After Children in Scotland (CELCIS).
byRachel Harris71 Views