- — Erin S. Biddlecombe (@erinbiddlecombe)Fri, Aug 07 2015 20:44:18Welcome back Dr Piper + Bort! https://twitter.com/ubc/status/629747854135939072 …
- — UBC Insiders (@ubcinsiders)Fri, Aug 07 2015 20:56:10Don't know much about Gupta's resignation except that no one was particularly happy with the job he'd been doing so far.
- — Renée Stephen (@ReneeStephen)Fri, Aug 07 2015 20:57:10@ubcinsiders He made parking cheaper! Which was a topic that somehow consumed an entire department meeting, no joke.
- — Alex Usher (@AlexUsherHESA)Fri, Aug 07 2015 20:58:10Just saying he's "returning to his academic career" doesn't really cut it. On plus side, press release not worded to suggest malfeasance
- — Kris Olds (@GlobalHigherEd)Fri, Aug 07 2015 21:02:40@AlexUsherHESA A few tweets via peeps in the network imply prez-board split. Fingers crossed not health; health usually disclosed.
- — Alex Usher (@AlexUsherHESA)Fri, Aug 07 2015 21:04:29I have no insider info at all on UBC. But if you have a board split with Prez after one year, that suggests a massive failure of governance.
- — charlesmenzies (@charlesmenzies)Fri, Aug 07 2015 21:06:36@j_mcelroy is it possible that provincial quislings took issue with UBC Pres reforming uncontrolled upper management?
- — Jake Mullan (@JakeMullan)Fri, Aug 07 2015 21:12:25
- — UBC Insiders (@ubcinsiders)Fri, Aug 07 2015 21:44:57I'm sure all the recently laid off #UBC employees who lost their jobs to create $4.5M slush fund for Arvind are extra happy right now.
- — Kris Olds (@GlobalHigherEd)Sat, Aug 08 2015 15:13:21@AlexUsherHESA Speaking as UBC alum, these things happen. IF they do tho Board has obligation to be transparent when important changes occur
- — Charlie Smith (@csmithstraight)Sun, Aug 09 2015 16:52:43
- — N. Ghoussoub (@NGhoussoub)Sun, Aug 09 2015 18:32:41Charlie is out to lunch 1: the 2014-15 budget is Ouillet's. We need to know the 2015-16 numbers. Try harder Charlie! https://twitter.com/csmithstraight/status/630421460234862593 …
- — Sandy Garossino (@Garossino)Sun, Aug 09 2015 18:45:17MITACS folks are RT'ing this re Gupta & #UBC by #Sauder prof @JBerdahl: http://jberdahl.blogspot.ca/2015/08/did-president-arvind-gupta-lose.html … @csmithstraight
- — charlesmenzies (@charlesmenzies)Sun, Aug 09 2015 19:35:23@NGhoussoub it is a shame neither UBC nor the former president have said anything of substance on what is a critical administrative shift.
UBC & Arvind Gupta's Resignation
byMelonie Fullick36 Views