- January 2013 begins G.R.A.C.E.'s comprehensive investigation of Bob Jones University's handling of sexual abuse. BJU loyalists claimed that it was just a infiltration of "hyper Calvinists." Softer loyalists either ignored it entirely or wishfully and inaccurately framed it as a "partnership." Some critics of BJU claimed credit for the investigation.
Whatever it was, it is a big deal. The gauntlet has been thrown down, and we're all waiting to see how this will turn out.
- A month later, BJU hires South Carolina GOP darling, Randy Page, as its new Public Relations director.
- On February 14, Bob Wood's still-sold 1983 video on counseling (bit.ly/1ah2iNU) is posted. DailyMotion takes down the first portion because it's too provocative.
- And shortly after, a coded and fictionalized exposé:
- Famous BJU alum Stuart Epperson's Salem Communications buys BJU's radio station, WMUU.
- The GRACE investigation continues.
- In March 2013 BJU hosts Gold Rush Daze -- a fundy attempt at Carnivale. Chief Branding Officer Joseph Bartosch plans the week and ends with a student body production cuing the students to chant in unison "We love you, Doctor Stephen."Student pictures flood Instagram. This, of then-President Stephen Jones, is the most disturbing. Notice the duct taped co-eds.
- BJU's whistle-blowers discover that current administrator Joseph Bartosch has a criminal record for soliciting a prostitute. On March 22, 2013, Bartosch is fired. Bob Jones III accuses said whistle-blowers of "ruining lives."
- Steve Levicoff ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Levicoff …) gets my scribd account deleted because he doesn't like his scholarly writing to be remembered.