- Question 1:
What role do ethics play in #PR and how important are they?
- — Kathryn Weast (@kweas558)Wed, Sep 25 2013 01:08:14A1: Ethics ground us both in our professional and personal decisions. Without them, we stand for nothing and fall for everything. #PRSSA
- Question 2: How do ethical dilemmas appear? Are they always blatantly obvious?
- — Brian D. Price (@BrianDPrice)Wed, Sep 25 2013 01:21:57A2: Dilemmas can appear every day. If you promote a client at your internship on personal social media, disclose it in the message. #PRSSA
- — Hannah Giles (@hannahrgiles)Wed, Sep 25 2013 01:15:01A2: I'd say some of the worst ethical dilemmas are the ones that go unseen. If you have to hide, then is what you're doing ethical? #PRSSA
- — Blair Sydney Burney (@Blairseyy)Wed, Sep 25 2013 01:15:12A2: Not having solid communication with your client, thus creating misunderstandings. Our services should be MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL. #PRSSA
- — Brian D. Price (@BrianDPrice)Wed, Sep 25 2013 01:16:06A2: Issues often come in crises/tragedy. Big difference between a brand sympathizing and brands trying to make a profit. #PRSSA
- — Crismerly Santibañez (@crismx93)Wed, Sep 25 2013 01:18:49Ethical dilemmas aren't always obvious. Depends on where the PR is practiced. What is ethical in one country might not be in another #PRSSA
- Question 3: What are the most common ethical dilemmas PR students face? What have you faced?
- — Hannah Giles (@hannahrgiles)Wed, Sep 25 2013 01:22:56A3: The curse of the unpaid internship. We need the experience so we inherently perpetuate the problem. Thankful to have a paid opp. #PRSSA
- — Brian D. Price (@BrianDPrice)Wed, Sep 25 2013 01:24:45
- — ParmidaSchahhosseini (@pscha648)Wed, Sep 25 2013 01:27:48A3: Exaggerating on a resume can be unethical, I've heard several stories of people regreting who they hired for that reason #PRSSA
- — Heather Harder (@HeathHarder)Wed, Sep 25 2013 01:26:53
- — Emily Lyn Langford (@EmilyL_Langford)Wed, Sep 25 2013 01:25:12A3: I live in a small town + work for the area's largest news outlet. Conflict of interest is my biggest issue regarding ethics. #PRSSA
- Question 4: What is the best way to prepare for ethical dilemmas in the workplace?
September 2013 Twitter Chat