Confusion Over Voter ID Laws
- Pennsylvania voters don't have to show ID this election, thanks to a state judge's October 2nd ruling, but the state is pushing ahead with a $5 million ad campaign for the future requirement. The result: confusion.
- After complaints this morning, an Allegheny County, a judge issued an order against asking for ID's outside polling places.
- Reports of voter ID confusion are also coming out of other states...
Hurricane Sandy's Impact
- Some polling stations in Coney Island, New York reportedly opened late. Assemblyman Alec Brook-Krasny told Capital New York that voting machines didn't arrive at one polling site in Coney Island until a little after 8 a.m., and was worried the delays could cost him the election.
- Sandy has also reportedly caused some ballot confusion - including absentee ballots that haven't arrived in the mail.