- — Planned Parenthood (@PPact)Tue, Jan 31 2012 20:52:37ALERT: Susan G. Komen caves under anti-choice pressure, ends funding for breast cancer screenings at PP health centers http://bit.ly/AloRdK
- — Maddow Blog (@MaddowBlog)Tue, Jan 31 2012 21:55:46
- — Rep. Mike Honda (@RepMikeHonda)Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:54:08
- — Senator Patty Murray (@PattyMurray)Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:54:08Extremely disappointed politics is coming b/w women & their health care needs. @komenforthecure decision is misguided & damaging. -PM
- — Jackie Speier (@RepSpeier)Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:54:08
- — Planned Parenthood (@PPact)Tue, Jan 31 2012 21:47:35In 5 years, support from Susan G. Komen allowed PP health centers to provide nearly 170,000 breast exams & 6,400 mammogram referrals.
- — Pam Spaulding (@pamspaulding)Wed, Feb 01 2012 03:38:29
- — Rachel Pandich (@RachelPandich)Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:54:08When I was a poor, under employed, college student @PPact WAS my doctor. Health screenings, birth control, GYN. Its affordable health care.
- — IPPF/WHR (@IPPF_WHR)Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:54:08Does cancer care if you're pro-choice? Susan G. Komen for the Cure denies support for poor women to access health care http://ow.ly/8NeRo
- — Sarah Kliff (@sarahkliff)Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:10:09Relevant: Komen Policy VP Karen Handel ran for public office on a platform of defunding Planned Parenthood ( http://bit.ly/zQpnw2 )
- — Jennifer Gunter (@DrJenGunter)Wed, Feb 01 2012 01:21:05Dear Komen foundation, instead of running in Race for Cure I will donate registration $ to Planned Parenthood cc @PPact
- — ThinkProgress (@thinkprogress)Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:53:01
- — BlueRootsRadio (@BlueRootsRadio)Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:54:08With their pull of support from Planned Parenthood, Komen proves yet again they are more about Komen than preventing breast cancer. #Komen
- — Dogs Ride *Inside* (@TheRiverWanders)Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:54:08
- — rob delaney (@robdelaney)Tue, Jan 31 2012 23:50:30Question for Susan Komen Foundation: My wife got birth control pills at Planned Parenthood. Should I burn her "Walk for the Cure" shirts?
- — Amanda Marcotte (@AmandaMarcotte)Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:54:08You can tweet @komenforthecure to let them know that you can't be for women's health w/out supporting all of women's health care.
- — Tom Hilton (@TVHilton)Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:54:08Kind of self-defeating for an org that depends on people who care about women's health to shit on people who care about women's health.
Stand with PP
Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation gives in to anti-choice pressure, announces it will stop funding breast cancer prevention, screenings and education at Planned Parenthood health centers.
byPlanned Parenthood3,647 Views